The SkyLine Loft at the Bridgeport Art Center is one of Chicago’s larger wedding venues located on the south side of Chicago – just over 2 miles to the west of the White Sox stadium (15-20 minutes from downtown Chicago). The building itself is over 100 years old and has been thoughtfully renovated to create a beautiful venue that provides skyline views of Chicago. True to it’s name, it’s a loft-style design as there are large oak beams, solid wood flooring, and exposed brick throughout the space. The SkyLine Loft is one of two wedding venues at the location and is located on the top floor.
The SkyLine Loft @ Bridgeport Art Center
Capacity: 600 guests (sit down)
Cost: $12,500 (Fri: $8,500)
The Guest Entrance at the SkyLine Loft is truly unique!
Your guests will enter on the side of the historic building where they’ll get out of the cold (if it’s a winter wedding) and “board” an enormous freight elevator that will (eventually) bring them to the top floor of the building. We say eventually because the venue wisely made this industrial freight elevator ride part of the guest experience. It includes a fully stocked bar in the back of the elevator so guests can sip on a cocktail as they wait for others to arrive and the elevator to reach a (comfortable) capacity.
Our list of Pros & Cons of choosing the SkyLine Loft for your Wedding:
- Unique wedding
- Offseason pricing available (40% off in Jan; 30% in Feb; 20% in March)
- Most costs included in venue fee
- Bar costs are relatively less expensive to other ‘Chicago’ venues
- Minimal décor needed as ‘bones’ to set beautiful scene
- Bridal suite but no groom suite
- Availability – often booked out more than a year in advance
- Multiple weddings in one location. The Sculpture Garden will also have a wedding the same day but they do seem to do a good job of keeping everything isolated / separate
- Location: While only a short(ish) drive from downtown Chicago, there is not much around the area and any after event festivities would likely involve a bus ride.