Whether the wedding is a destination or local, packing for one can be stressful. You want to make sure you have everything you need to look and feel your best when attending a wedding. Plus, coming prepared will help you to be the best wedding guest you can be! It can be easy to forget the little things, so we put together a comprehensive list of what you might need to pack for the special occasion. But before we dive into the packing list, let’s first go over some important considerations to keep in mind.
Wedding Guest Packing List Considerations
Here is our handy checklist of all the things you need to think about before you pull out your suitcase.
- Check the weather forecast: It’s essential to keep an eye on the weather forecast before you start packing for a wedding. Make sure you pack accordingly, whether it’s a coat, umbrella, or sunglasses. You don’t want to be caught off guard by unexpected weather conditions.
- Know the official dress code: Check the invitation or wedding website to see if there is an official dress code. Different weddings may require different attire, such as black-tie, semi-formal, or cocktail attire.
- Check out the venue: Knowing the wedding venue is crucial for packing the right clothing and accessories. If the wedding is outdoors, you may need comfortable shoes, a hat, or sunscreen.
- Look at the schedule of events: Make sure you know the schedule of events and if there are any dress code requirements for each event. For example, if there’s a rehearsal dinner or brunch, pack an outfit accordingly.
- Review airline baggage guidelines: If you are flying to the wedding, be aware of the airline’s baggage guidelines. Check the weight and size restrictions and ensure that your luggage meets the requirements. You may also want to consider packing an outfit in your carry-on luggage in case your checked baggage gets lost or delayed.
- Ask about accommodation amenities: If you’re staying at a hotel or Airbnb, check what amenities are provided, such as toiletries, towels, and an iron. If you need something that is not provided, make sure you pack it. You don’t want to be caught without a necessary item when you’re getting ready for the wedding.
Wedding Guest Packing List
It’s important to make sure you have everything you need. The last thing you want is to be caught off-guard and have to run out for something at the last minute! We hope this checklist has been helpful in making sure you’re prepared for anything that could happen on your trip. You may not need everything, but it is a good place to start! If there’s anything we forgot, let us know in the comments below.
- Wedding attire
- Outfit for any other events (e.g. rehearsal dinner, brunch)
- Formal shoes
- Comfortable shoes for dancing
- Jacket or shawl (in case of cold weather)
- Handbag or clutch
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Soap or body wash
- Face wash and moisturizer
- Hair styling products and tools
- Extra hair ties and bobby pins
- Makeup and makeup remover
- Razor and shaving cream
- Perfume or cologne
- Fashion tape
- Phone charger
- Portable phone charger (in case you’re out and about and your phone dies)
- Travel documents (like passport if packing for an international destination)
- Cash and credit card
- Travel-sized sewing kit
- Wrinkle release spray or iron
- Snacks and water bottle
- Gift or card for the couple
- Sunscreen (especially if the wedding is outdoors or in a sunny location)
- Bug spray (if the wedding is in a location with mosquitos or other bugs)
- Earplugs (if you’re a light sleeper or staying in a noisy hotel)
- Stain remover pen (in case of spills on your wedding attire)
It’s always a good idea to double-check your packing list and make sure you have everything you need before you leave. Happy packing and enjoy the wedding!