Creating a wedding website is common for most couples in today’s world, but for a destination wedding, a wedding website is even more critical. The content on the website should be thorough enough to answer all your guests’ questions about the event. But you also don’t want to provide too much information that guests are overwhelmed or miss important details. While a website for a destination wedding will have many of the same elements as a typical wedding, there are some additional details that are important to cover. This post will cover specific wording examples for destination weddings.
Destination Wedding Website Welcome Message Examples
This is likely the very first thing that guests will see when they land on your website. Its a great place to create excitement for your wedding, introduce what guests can find on your wedding site, and/or share more details as to why you’re having a destination wedding in the first place! You may also want to use this as an opportunity to let guests know there is no pressure to attend. Having writers block? No worries, here’s 5 great examples of destination wedding website welcome messages:
- We’re getting married and we can’t wait to celebrate with all of you! The opportunity to have our family and friends in one place means the world to us. As our big day approaches, we would like to keep you informed of the event details. Be sure to check back for updates and get ready to head to Jamaica for our wedding weekend!
- Welcome to our wedding website! We are so excited to announce plans for our wedding next March. It means a lot to have you all in Mexico to celebrate with us! We have always wanted a Destination Wedding (somewhere hot!) and so, with family and friends in both the US and South America, we thought Mexico is a good central location for everyone.
- Welcome to our wedding website! If you received an invitation that means that you are important to us and we would love to have you join our celebration. However, we understand that a destination wedding is a big ask! As such, there is no pressure or expectation to accept, please come only if this is something that works with your availability. We would love to see you there, but completely understand for those of you that can’t make it.
- Welcome to our wedding website – we’re so glad you’re here. We created this wedding website as an information hub for our upcoming celebration in Barbados. Here you’ll find hotel block details, travel tips, taxi, car rental, and things to do in the local area. You can find this all under the travel section. We’ve also outlined some extra events happening throughout the week. Here you’ll find our schedule of timings and venue directions.
- Hi family and friends! We hope this site has the answer to all of your questions for our destination wedding in Mexico next May! Besides our ceremony and reception, we want our guests to enjoy a week-long celebration enjoying beautiful scenery, experiencing culture and relaxing under the sun with us. And that’s why Puerto Vallarta is the perfect wedding destination for us and our friends and family.
Destination Wedding Website Travel Details
A detailed travel section helps avoid the overwhelm of guests reaching out with questions. If guests will be traveling to another country, you may want to include more beginner travel tips. While these sections may not be needed for seasoned travelers, it is possible that not everyone on your guest list has traveled internationally, so consider providing some of those basic answers and resources to help guide them! Here are wording examples of what to include:
If guests will be traveling internationally, we’d definitely recommend including some basic details on passports and any requirements that may be specific to your destination. Here’s a few examples:
- Don’t forget your passport! Make sure your passport does not expire prior to JUNE 2023. It must be valid for at least two months after the date of departure.
- Make sure you have your passport with you and double check that it is up to date! Kids, even babies, also require a passport. If you don’t have a passport and need to apply for one do it sooner rather than later (trust us on this one). Passports can take at least 3 months to arrive and can even take a month just to get an appointment to apply.
For out-of-towners, the weather at your destination may be a mystery! While they can do their own research, help guide them with some quick details about the typical weather, and how that my impact their planning and packing.
- Example Answer (cold) – May in the Southern Highlands can be very cold, high temperatures can be between 15 and 20 degrees celsius. The ceremony and cocktail hour are planned to be held outdoors. Please come prepared for cooler weather.
- Example Answer (mild) – September weather is usually mild with temperatures in the mid 60’s. Dress accordingly. The ceremony and reception will be held outdoors (weather permitting) but we do have an indoor space on property if needed.
- Example Answer (warm) – Fall is beautiful in Napa. Please plan for warm to hot weather, averaging 75-90 degrees during the day, with slightly cooler evenings.
Wording guidelines to use travel agent’s site for accommodations
If you are working with a travel agent or destination wedding planner, you may have to direct guests to book through them directly. Here are some examples of how you can direct guests to book through your travel vendor:
- Please contact the travel agent as soon as possible for our group rate and to customize your room choice while there is still availability. Our travel agent is the best person to talk to if you need more details on choosing your room, selecting travel insurance, or booking a flight.
- To secure our group discount rate please work with our travel partner.
- As a reminder, for hotel bookings and travel needs we highly suggest you connect with our travel agent.
- For all travel related inquiries, please contact our travel agent. She can assist with passport questions, airfare, lodging, and transportation.
- Wedding guests are required to stay at [Hotel] to attend the wedding and participate in the wedding activities throughout the week. Guests will need to book accommodations directly through our travel agency by June 1st. **IMPORTANT: Please Do Not book directly with the hotel. We have secured discounted rates and a wedding room block with our agency.
Make sure to provide links and other contact information easily on the site to make sure guests can easily book through your vendor.
Destination Wedding Registry Wording
A gift registry is perfectly acceptable for destination weddings, as well as traditional weddings. Though asking for no gifts is particularly common for destination weddings where guests will be paying for travel expenses. Here’s a few examples of graciously sharing your registry details (or that no gifts are required):
- Your presence is enough of a present to us! But for those of you who are stubborn, we’ve put together a wish-list to help you out. Since this is a destination wedding, we will not have a gift table or can take any physical gifts with us, please mail any gifts to the addresses provided by the wedding registry.
- Hi everyone! Especially given that this is a destination wedding, your presence or best wishes is more than enough! We are extremely fortunate and truly do not need anything. However if you are still feeling compelled, any contribution you may want to make to our honeymoon may be done on our website.
- You presence at our destination wedding is beyond enough! But if you can’t make it or if your love language is “gifts,” we just bought a home and it could use a bit of improvement with your help!
- Your presence is more than enough of a present to us! But for those of you who are stubborn, we would be grateful for a cash gift. We’d use these funds to purchase much needed items for our new home together!
- We are so grateful for the effort you’ll be making to join us for our destination wedding. So please, no gifts!
We hope that this guide gives you some inspiration for creating an informational destination wedding website. Looking for guidance on how to share your wedding website? Check out this guide next!